Welcome to The Cupcake Rack!
THE CUPCAKE RACK ~ only $24.95
Easily create deliciously adorable cupcake bouquets by inserting 19 homemade or store-bought cupcakes into the versatile, durable, and affordable Cupcake Rack.
The Cupcake Rack is a perfect gift and doubles as a centerpiece and dessert!
Crusting Vanilla Buttercream by: https://rosebakes.com/
Icing that slightly hardens on the outside, yet stays smooth and creamy on the inside, is the best type of frosting when using The Cupcake Rack. Try this recipe:
- 2 cups real salted butter (4 sticks), softened
- 2 cups vegetable shortening (14 ounces)
- 4 pounds of confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of butter flavoring
- 6-8 tablespoons of milk or cream, or as much needed to get the consistency you want (not pictured)
- First, add the butter and shortening to the mixing bowl and cream together. Scrape down the sides to be sure that it’s completely mixed together.
- NOTE: I put my bowl on the scale, zero it, then add the shortening and weigh it. I do this for 2 reasons – it’s more accurate than trying to measure messy shortening in a measuring cup AND it’s one less greasy cup to wash!
- Add the vanilla and butter flavors and mix again.
- Slowly add in the confectioners sugar, a little at a time until completely incorporated. This will take time and might make a mess. I like to drape a damp towel completely over the top of my mixer to “catch” the powdered sugar dust. Again, scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
- When all of the sugar has been added, start adding tablespoons of milk or cream to “thin” the frosting to the desired texture. I usually use milk unless I happen to have cream in the frig, but either works just fine. I make a fairly thick icing to cover and fill cakes and make it slightly thinner to decorate.
- You can use this immediately or keep in the frig in an airtight bowl for up to 2 weeks. It can also be frozen for several weeks. If you’re using it out of the frig, make sure its completely thawed and rewhip, adding milk as needed to get the desired texture again.